Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Back

Okay, Okay - so I took a couple of days off. I went back to Florida for a few days to spend some quality time with my beloved wife! It was great, but now I'm back to work.

Oh, and since yesterday was St. Patrick's day, I enjoyed a Guinness too!

So, what's been happening since I've been away? Well, according to the Niagara Gazette, another contractor has been fined by OSHA for violating the Excavation & Trenching rules. According to the Gazette, "A Lockport contractor doing work involving the new Niagara Falls public safety building has been cited and fined for providing unsafe working conditions.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has proposed $43,050 in fines against Custom Crews Inc. for allegedly failing to provide cave-in protection for employees working in an unprotected 5-foot, 8-inch-deep trench located near the courthouse in the 1900 block of Main Street."

And guess what? $42k of that was because it was a willful violation! Yep, another contractor ignored the safety of the workers on his job. Since it was "willful," they must have been cited for this one before. Why don't we learn? Anyway, if you want to read the whole article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment