Monday, September 28, 2009

NOTW from the archives


In November 2006 I started sharing jobsite photos (NOTW) with superintendents and subcontractors on my company's jobsites as a training tool. These provided graphic illustrations on "how not to do things." As time went on, the list of "subscribers" grew - subcontractors who had seen the weekly photo, or others who had heard about them.

Most of the photos were taken by me - on my jobsites or on sites by which I was driving. Frequently, people who subscribe to NOTW send me photos that they had taken and have asked that I use them - and I do. The Friday morning ritual of NOTW has been a huge success. People tend to remember the picture longer than the text that accompanies it.

I have been asked to "recycle" some of those weekly photos here. So, this was the first NOTW that I distributed on 11/17/06. And, ironically, it was provided by an alert project team. We dubbed this guy "bucket man." Oh, by the way, NOTW is an acronym for "Nitwit of the Week." If you are not already on the distribution list for the weekly NOTW, just leave me your e-mail address in the comments section and I would be happy to send them to you. If you wish to contribute a photo for consideration, please send it to safetyduck@gmail.com

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment