Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Bacon Explosion

I know that some of you are thinking that Safety is the only thing that I do. You would be wrong! I have several hobbies, but they all pale before my love of eating. Yes, eating! If it isn't green, if its meat, if it's batter-dipped-and-deep-fried, it's for me!

So, imagine my delight when I came across a story in the New York Times about a couple of guys who "invented" the "Bacon Explosion."

The Times reports that "this recipe is theBacon Explosion, modestly called by its inventors “the BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes.” The instructions for constructing this massive torpedo-shaped amalgamation of two pounds of bacon woven through and around two pounds of sausage and slathered in barbecue sauce first appeared last month on the Web site of a team of Kansas City competition barbecuers. They say a diverse collection of well over 16,000 Web sites have linked to the recipe, celebrating, or sometimes scolding, its excessiveness. A fresh audience could be ready to discover it on Super Bowl Sunday."

Are you a pork lover? Want to know more? Click here.

Oh, by the way, don't let your cardiologist know about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment